me....life....stuff....nothing....bits & pieces....
anything....bleathers & general Poppy-dog & Bella-Boo gossip!

Monday, 9 February 2009

cars & bikes

This is the only card I have made
since my wee production the other day.
Our neighbour passed her driving test.


I am entering it on the
House Mouse Monday Challenge
who are looking for a tall card.

We have still got a wee drop of snow.
Mostly, the problem is ice now.
It was -7 when I went to work this morning.
And -9'c when Andrew cycled home after his night shift.

Aye , you did read that right....he cycled home.
Not usually a problem.
We live near the RAF base he works on,
and it is quicker for him to cycle than drive.
For the first time ever...almost 20 years.....
he hit ice & came right off his bike!

He hss badly bruised his hip and leg.
A trip to the local surgery this afternoon
ended with some lovely pain killers from the GP.
My lovely therapist friend is coming to the house
tomorrow to give him a treatment.

My trip home from work started with my car
sliding on ice trying to get out of my parking space!
No damage done, but a bit scary!

I do like snow, but am not so keen on ice!



Stay safe & warm.

love tina x

14 comments:

Bev said...

What a fab card! Love the design and cute image.

I hope Andrew is going to be okay, ouch that sounds really painful! Oh for nice warm sunny days hey?

hugs Bev x

Wiccababe said...

love the card - love the unusual design.
hope your man's feeling better soon
and I agree about the snow and ice.
that's the snow on again here - we've still got about 4 or 5 inches left from last week.

Dawn said...

Hi Tina
Oh god ice is horrendous - hope Andrew isn't in too much pain - it's treacherous driving in this temperatures too!

Your housey mouse card is so cute - love that image too!

Hugs
Dawn
P.s I am on MSN but never use it!! EEK!!

Tasha said...

Fab card i always get stuck on the pasing test cards - this is brilliant
love tasha xx

Sammi said...

Oooh... gorgeous card!! LOVE it!

Oh no! I do hope Andrew is feeling better very soon! glad you were OK too... take care!

Sammi
xxx

angelfruit said...

Hope Andrew isn't in pain - can't believe those temperatures OMG!

Take care of each other (I know you will).

love and hugs

Dxxx

Lauri said...

oh be careful!!! Hope he is okay!!!! Ice is NOT fun!!

Great job on the House Mouse challenge!

NGCARDS said...

Very pretty :)

Ooooh the ice doesn't sound that nice where your at! Its not too bad here just wet! xxx

nessy said...

3rd time lucky trying to leave a comment on your blog!! ~ every time i try my windows cuts off and cannot leave a message on yours or anyone elses!! did you say a white witch???;~)
anyway tina ~ dazzling card ~amazing work.just perfect !
do hope andrew is ok ~do worry when they work nights don`t we ~all those dangers!!!
sending you both hugs
vanessa xx

Debbie said...

Brilliant card Teen...love that wee image..:)

Ooh do hope OH's brusises clear up soon..I hate ice too..so dangerous. Glad you only had a wee slip in your car..

xxDebbiexx

Unknown said...

Love the card..........
I think either snow and ice is great when you don't have to go anywhere, hope you and Andrew are both ok, take care XX

Wendy said...

Fab card perfect for the occasion
Wendy x

Cathy said...

Suc ha fab card Tina, I love that image, it brought a huge smile to my face!!
Hope Andrew is OK and you have less ice now. We seem to have missed the snow!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Sue said...

luv the card brill for passing test,hope Andrew soon better, ice not nice, snow pretty to look at thats all!, sue.x