me....life....stuff....nothing....bits & pieces....
anything....bleathers & general Poppy-dog & Bella-Boo gossip!

Saturday, 8 November 2008

highlights of a Saturday!

Been a good day.
Am getting used to the very bright highlights I got done yesterday!

I did like Jennifer's suggestion of blue one's
and have tried purple before but they didn't show up in my hair....

Back to cards.....

I tinkered with this one using Sammi's Angelique.
I straightened the layered image and added the vellum flowers in each corner.

I am going to enter it into Cute Card Thursday which is Angels and Fairies.


Two sketch challenges were done while Andrew slept this afternoon.

This one is for a spoonful of sugar and is a sketch by Trina.



This one is for the secret crafter's Saturday Challenge.
Sketch is by Wendy.


My sentiment is stamped onto the ribbon its self.

Took Poppy-dog into pets at home today to get her some dog treats,
and work on lead work in public places.
She did very well.
There was a lot of commands given, and many times told her "No" "leave"
when she was sniffing at all the doggy treats but she didn't take anything she wasn't ment to.
I picked up three medium raw hide bones and gave her one to carry.

As we were walking to the till an older lady dropped her purse ,
Poppy picked it up and when I said "give" she handed it to me with no hassle!
I wiped off the slavers..... and gave it to the lady!
This is the part in dog class and more so at home she throws whatever she has in her mouth around and try's to run off with it!

The lady and folk watching ( and I must admit myself) were all very impressed!!!

The lady then wanted to buy her a dog sweet as a reward but I said she had plenty, and could give her one of Poppy's own treats that I had in my pocket.

So fun over and she picked up her bone and we went to pay for our items.
The lady at the tills asked how she was behaving , I said very well most of the time ,
and she informed me Labradors are teenagers from 1 to 3 years.....

Only another 18 months or so to go then!

Command "paws up" Poppy stood up at counter and dropped her bone to be scanned!!!
Paws down is to stop her jumping up and she only does paws up when I tell her she can....
as she is a wee pincher!!!
Then she was instructed to collect her bone after the lady at the till gave her a biscuit too!
This shopping lark is much more fun with a Labrador.

19 comments:

Wendy said...

Fab card, love that snowflake. Thank you for joining in the challenge. Wendy x

Liz said...

Beautiful cards!

It sounds like you and Poppy had fun shopping :)

Liz x

NGCARDS said...

ahaha aww bless her sounds so cute! Bet you definately were shocked when she actually 'gave' you the purse! lol
Love the cards you have made today, and the highlights sounds nice with a lighter shade =) xxx

Sue said...

what a great card,thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the sweet fairy, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Michele said...

What a lovely classy looking card.

Michele
x

Jennifer Rose said...

the highlights look nice :D Blue fades very fast but it does look really nice for a few days :p I miss my blue hair, but by the time I was done dyeing my hair all kinds of bright colours it was fried from bleaching it (my hair is naturally very dark). But I would do it again :p

That is great that Poppy did really good in public! I don't think our lab ever grew up lol

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous - loving the snowflake

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Donna said...

Beautiful card and the snowflake definitely has the wow factor :) thank you for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

nessy said...

what fantastic cards tina ~wow you have found your mojo ~they are all amazing!
vanessa xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card love the big snowflake on the SCSC one, wow what a clever dog Poppy is. thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

simplyfairies said...

Awwwww how cute is poppy!!! and well done for teaching her such good manners, now you couldn't come and teach me staffie puppy could you..lol

Great cards too, loving the snowflake....

I have a sketch challenge of my own if you wish to join in....
Take care Kim x

Sammi said...

Ooh... lovely hair!! :) Good choice (after purple that is) lol!
Sounds like a fun shopping trip!! :)

Wow!! Your cards are getting better and better!!

Well done you!!!

*hugs*

Unknown said...

Great highlights and just how busy you have been, although I confess to getting a few Christmas cards done yesterday. I will have to go and check out some of these challenges. You have made some beauts in there - Hugs from meXX

Unknown said...

Lovely card, well done. Joanne x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, Great take on this weeks sketch, Thanks for playing along, Hugs Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards, love the poppy goes shopping tale.

CraftyC said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining us at SCSC
Clairex

Dawn said...

Aww bless Poppy that is amazing - she's a clever pooch - wish I had seen it all!!
No wonder everyone was impressed!

Fab cards again by the way!
Love your pinky fairy!!